At Lakeside Title & Escrow, LLC we offer a broad range of services to assist you and your clients. If you are in need of something not included below, please give us a call and we will do our best to assist you.
Traditional Settlement Services
- Perform Title Search and assist with clearing title issues found in the search.
- Order and provide title insurance for lenders and owner
- Draft preliminary Closing Statement.
(We actively work with your lender in order to provide you and your
clients a preliminary Closing Statement, as accurate as possible, a
week prior to closing.)
- Coordinate with lender for preparation of loan package and Settlement Statement.
- Coordinate preparation of Deed of Conveyance with a licensed and well qualified attorney.
- Conduct the closing.
- Act as an escrow agent for rent-back security deposits and other escrowed funds.
- Record Deed of Conveyance and Deed of Trust in the appropriate courthouse.
- Disburse funds.
- Prepare and deliver title insurance policies.
Title insurance provides coverage for things that may have happened in the past; as compared to automobile insurance or homeowner’s insurance that provide coverage for things that may happen in the future. Examples of possible title problems include undisclosed or missing heirs or improper deeds.
- We are licensed with multiple insurance underwriters allowing us flexibility.
Please reach out and contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to title insurance, we are here to help!
A Notary Public acts as an official, unbiased witness to the identity and signature of the person who comes before the notary for a specific purpose. The person may be taking an oath, giving oral or written testimony, or signing or acknowledging his or her signature on a legal document. In each case, the notary attests that certain formalities have been observed.
The person requesting a document notarized must provide proper identification before the notary to prove that person is who they claim to be.
Under the law (47.1-19, 47.1-20) of the Commonwealth of Virginia a person or company may charge up to $5.00 for each paper-based notarial act performed. An additional fee can be charged if there is actual travel expense if the notary has to travel away from their office to perform the notarial act. In this case, the notary and client must agree on the payment to be made.
Lakeside Title & Escrow, LLC does not act as attorney’s and cannot change any verbiage or add anything to the said documents.